How does an epic 15 day journey along the south coast of Australia and Tasmania sound? This is no couch potato tour! Drive, hike, sail, fly, climb, swim and ride to the natural wonders of the 'Down Under' such as Twelve Apostles on the Great Ocean Road, the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains, hidden coves, stunning waterfalls and picture perfect islands! Explore lively cities, dine in intimate restaurants and get pampered at carefully selected boutique accommodation. The list of worthwhile sights here is truly too long to list. All you have to know, is we've got your back.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Sydney...
• Transfer to your accommodation in the historic Rocks District
• Spend the day at leisure experiencing this vibrant destination where the sea meets the city
• Explore the pride of Sydney by ferry. Take in the iconic Opera House and Harbor Bridge from Circular Quay to Darling Harbor (30min)
• Or, take a longer voyage to beautiful Manly beach, world famous Taronga Park Zoo, opulent Mosman or the traditional fishing village of Watson's Bay
• The essential Sydney small group tour covers the highlights including: the Rocks, the Botanical Gardens, Paliment House, Cathedrals, and views of Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Opera House
• After lunch, hit Bondi Beach and soak up the sun!
• Return to your hotel via the boutique shopping precinct and the charming Georgian and Victorian homes of Paddington
• Enjoy a guided day out from Sydney and experience the ruggedness of the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park
• Visit Featherdale Wildlife Park, home to Australia’s favorite marsupials• Discover hidden valleys and stunning waterfalls
• Pack your walking shoes for some great short hikes!
• Travel from Sydney to Hobart and to your accommodation on the water front
• Begin exploring the picturesque city rich in heritage
• Hidden laneways and heritage style buildings house intimate restaurants
• Here you will be transported back to the penal beginnings of authentic Australia!
• Explore the Bruny Island coastline beneath some of Australia’s highest sea cliffs
• Enter deep sea caves and join in the search for wildlife such as seals, dolphins and sea birds
• Return to Adventure Bay for a delicious fresh lunch with time to relax on the beach
• Return to Hobart
• Enjoy exploring the city and the majestic Wellington Park
• Take a walk or hike past waterfalls and springs to view the mountains of Sleeping Beauty, Collins Cap and Cathedral Rock
• You can rock climb or abseil the intimidating columns of the Organ Pipes or horse ride and mountain bike
• Perhaps take a ferry to MONA or day trip to Port Arthur
• Island touring is included in your accommodation. Make the most of it!
• See the highlights and get up close to kangaroos, koalas and seals
• Explore the rugged coastline and nature reserves
• Fly to Adelaide and collect your car to begin your road trip
• First stop is Coonawarra, a South Australia wine region
• Explore the surrounds and take time to enjoy local wine and produce
• Drive along the spectacular Twelve Apostles, a collection of limestone stacks off the shore of the Port Campbell National Park
• Continue along the coast to your next destination, Lorne
• After the day's drive, relax near the log fire of your accommodation
• Today is your last day of the road trip, travel to Melbourne and return your rental car
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure
• Explore lanes lined with fine dining restaurants, chic cafes, hidden bars and fashion boutiques
• Visit the Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park for close encounters with kangaroos, wombats and echidnas
• Head to Phillip Island and observe the little penguins coming ashore!
• You will be guided through the Penguin Parade tour by a local ranger
• Check out the trendy northern suburbs Collingwood, Fitzroy, Brunswick and Northcote
• Get your shopping fix in retail meccas South Yarra, Prahran and Toorak
• Take your beach towel to bay side St Kilda, Port Melbourne and South Melbourne
• Take a drive to the famous Bells Beach or the Mornington Peninsula
• Depending on the time of your departure, you may have an opportunity for some last minute souvenir shopping
• Transfer to the airport at the appropriate time
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.