This fully customisable 9-day guided tour has been designed to provide the perfect balance of hiking and historical exploration. From north to south, you'll cover all the major cultural and archaeological highlights that Armenia has to offer - including its many UNESCO-listed cathedrals and monasteries - while trekking through some of the most breath-taking mountain scenery in the world. Being a tailor-made programme, the length and difficulty of each of the hikes included in the itinerary can be 100% adapted to you and your travel companions, so simply let our local experts know what sort of tour you're looking for and they'll create it for you.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Let's the journey begin!
• Upon arrival into Zvartnots Airport, a member of our local agent will meet you and transfer you to your 3* hotel in the city centre of Yerevan (20 km).
• Depending on the time of your flight, you'll have the rest of the day free to relax or explore the city.
• After breakfast, your first stop will be the pagan Temple of Garni, the only preserved monument of the Hellenistic period in Armenia.
• Then, you'll head down to the Garni Canyon and the Gueghard Cave Monastery.
• Lunch will be enjoyed at a local villager’s home, in which you'll be treated to delicious fresh fish from the river along with some legendary Armenian hospitality.
• In the afternoon, return to Yerevan to visit Matenadaran, a museum and research institute. It holds one of the world's richest depositories of medieval manuscripts and books spanning a broad range of subjects, including history, philosophy, medicine, literature, art history and cosmography.
• Today, we continue on to the monastery of Saghmosavank, sitting on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh Canyon, where you'll have the opportunity to meet some local Yezidis.
• Afterwards, our hike continues to the Fortress of Amberd, where you'll stop off to visit the spectacular fortress and its church.
• In the afternoon, you'll be driven to Odzoun Village to see the 6th-Century Odzun Basilica. You'll also have the time to stop off at a local villager's home, where a warm welcome will be waiting for you along with a traditional BBQ.
• After breakfast, the next stage of your hike begins from Odzoun to the ruins of Kobayr and Horomayr Churches (7th and 13th Century) which is accessible only by foot.
• Next stop, you'll visit Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries, both UNESCO world heritage monuments that are some of the most impressive examples of Armenian religious architecture.
• In the afternoon, you'll be transferred to the town Dilijan, one of the finest resorts and spas in Armenia, where you can breathe the pure air of coniferous forests and relax before dinner and an overnight stay in your hotel.
• After breakfast, get transferred to the picturesque Dilijan National Park. From there we'll go for a hike through beautiful forest scenery that will bring us to the monastery of Goshavank.
• In the afternoon, we'll continue on to Haghartsin Monastery for the ultimate combination of natural and architectural beauty. You'll also get to discover the ancient craftsman’s district in Dilijan and visit a Molokans family - the 'Amish' of the Caucasus.
• Next, you'll be transferred to the village of Tsaghkunk, where a delicious dinner will be waiting for you.
• Morning transfer to Lake Sevan, the 'Blue Pearl' of Armenia!
• Head on to Sevanavank, with its two small but beautiful churches.
• After, you'll continue south on the Selmi Pass. En-route, you'll visit Selim Caravanserai, witness to the ancient Silk Road between Persia and the Occident, situated 2,410m above sea level.
• Finally, a tasting session of regional baklava and Armenian cognac awaits you before your journey on to Hermon.
• After breakfast, your journey continues on to Yeghegis, home to an ancient cemetery and the 14th Century Zorats Church are located.
• From here, you'll then continue to the 10th Century monastery of Tsakhats Kar all the way down to the village of Artabuynk, where you'll be transferred to the Syunik region.
• In the afternoon, your next stop will be the monastic complex of Tatev, hailed as an architectural masterpiece.
• After this visit, we set off for Goris, a city in the heart of a landscape of caves and ‘fairy chimneys,' that offers great hiking opportunities.
• Today we're off for the ancient site of Karahundj - 3,500 years older than England’s Stonehenge and 3,000 years older than Egyptian pyramids!
• Next, direction: Noravank. The canyon boast diverse flora including rare and endemic species of plant.
• After, you'll head on to the Monastery of Noravank, founded in the 13th Century and located in a deep canyon surrounded by mountains of exceptional beauty.
• Last but not least, you'll be transferred to the monastery of Khor Virap. Return to Yerevan at the end of the day for dinner in a folk restaurant.
Enjoy your final breakfast in Armenia before you get transferred to the airport for your flight home.
We hope you've had an amazing time in Armenia!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|From January to December||$960|