We propose a 7 day trip of which 4 are in snowshoes, crossing the chain of mountains Tsaghkuniats, Tegheniats, Lake Sevan, khachkars (cross-stones) till the monastery of Goshavank. During the journey you will witness the change in landscape: we will slowly leave the highlands to find woodlands, meanwhile discovering abandoned monasteries and ancient fortresses. In addition to sightseeing in Garni and Gueghard, we will visit other places of interest and museums in Yerevan.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• After breakfast, departure to the Aragatsotn region.
• Then, we will visit the monastery Saghmosavank of the XIII century, standing at the edge of the picturesque canyon Kasakh.
• After that, let's start our walk from the village Boujakan towards the ruins of the monastery Teghenis (VII century).
• Lunch as a picnic by the monastery Teghenis for continuing our walk towards Aghveran. Finally, we will enjoy the dinner at the same place.
• After breakfast, we will start the walk from the hotel to Lake Teghuniats (at 2400m).
• Then, we will carry on to walk to the monastery of Kecharis that dates back to the XI-XIII century. We will have lunch (picnic) in nature.
• Tsakhkadzor (or Valley of Flowers) is truly the treasure in the region. In winter it is a famous ski resort with excellent tracks located at 2,000 m altitude on the eastern flank of mount Teghenis.
• After breakfast let's walk to the village Bjni.
• We will hike on the mountain ridge Tsaghkuniats, enjoying the picturesque view that opens towards Lake Sevan and towards the nearby summits.
• Lunch (picnic) in nature. Then, walk down to the village of Bjni for discovering the church of the VII century and the fortress of the X-XI century.
• After lunch, you will be transferred to Lake Sevan called the "Blue Pearl" of Armenia which is located at 2000m above sea level.
• After breakfast, departure to the village Semionovka, from where we will start our walk towards the monastery of Goshavank.
• After this, we will be passing on the ridges overlooking the national park Dilijan. Then, we will enjoy our lunch (picnic) in nature.
• Situated along the Hrazdan River, Yerevan is the administrative, cultural, and industrial center of the country.
• Departure for the Kotayk region to see the Pagan temple of Garni (77 A.D.) which is the only Hellenistic monument on the whole territory of Armenia. Visit the Geghard cave monastery, a UNESCO world heritage site (XVIII century).
• Transfer to the airport!
We hope you enjoyed your time in Armenia!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$850|