In December of 2020 - a total Solar Eclipse will be visible from one of the world's most beautiful regions, Northern Patagonia. Combine this rare event with the very best of Argentina including city lights and Tango in Buenos Aires, stunning Bariloche and the mighty Iguazu waterfalls. Your journey will culminate on a mountaintop - overlooking blue waters of Argentina's Lake District - with an expert astronomer to guide you through this experience!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival at Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires...
• Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by one of our guides and transfer to the Loi Suites Esmeralda hotel (1h)
• On the way, our guide will brief you on your itinerary
• In the morning, you will be picked up for a unique private tour around the city
• Visit historic neighborhoods, avenue 9 de Julio, the Opera House (Teatro Colón), the Obelisk, Plaza de Mayo, the Government House (Casa Rosada), the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Cabildo
• Continue to the old neighborhood of San Telmo, known for its Sunday Flea Market
• Next up, La Boca, an area famous for its colorful architecture
• Then, check out Recoleta, full of elegant boutiques, excellent restaurants and outdoor coffee shops
• In the evening, experience the passion of the Argentine tango along with a delicious 3-course dinner
• Cruise along the Rio de la Plata in premium class aboard a motor boat (1.5h)
• Enjoy a fantastic view of the islands, stilted houses and floating markets of the Tigre Delta
• Explore the town ofTigre
• Along the way back to Buenos Aires, stop for a walking tour of San Isidro
• Begin by entering Iguazú National Park, declared one of the new seven wonders of the world!
• Proceed along the Lower Trail, from where we can see the Two Sisters Falls, the Bossetti Fall, the Hidden Fall, San Martin island and the Union Fall
• Later, walk the scenic Upper Trail
• Continue by jungle train to Devil's Throat station and along 1,000 meters of catwalks
• Marvel at the spectacular might of the Devil's Throat waterfall
• Jump in a truck for an 8 km ride to Puerto Macuco Base and board a motor-boat for a 6 km adventure cruise through the Canyon of the Iguassu River!
• Set off on a half day excursion to the Brazilian waterfalls and Foz de Iguacu National Park, one of the seven wonders of the world!
• In the afternoon you will be taken to the airport and fly back to Buenos Aires
• Start with a traditional walk of Bariloche combined with a short & easy hike through an incomparable native forest
• Enjoy the crystal clear lakes and unparalleled panoramic views of the Cathedral, López and Capilla hills
• The excursionbegins in Puerto Pañuelo, located 25 km from downtown, in Llao-Llao Reserve
• Various options ofguided or free walks include: Ex Vivero National Trail, Interpretation Path "Antonio Pargade", Gross Port and old town, cave paintings and Del Toro Beach, Balcony of Bella and Vista Hill
• Continue to the Quetrihué Peninsula and Los Arrayanes National Park
• Depart by bus (7:30am) from the Andes to the Patagonian steppe “la estepa” to make sure we get no clouds during the eclipse (3hrs each way)
• Arrive at the eclipse observation location where the team of experts and equipment, will be waiting
• This experience is non-exclusive: 11:45 the moon will begin to eclipse the sun, 13:07 the full eclipse (crown effect) will take place the 2 minutes following the crown. After that the sun will start showing until 14:35 where the sun eclipse is over
• Lunch between 12 to 2PM will include fruit, finger foods, sandwiches, beverages and a traditional “mate tasting”
• Arrive back at the hotel at approximately 7:30pm
• Transfer from your hotel to the airport and board your flight home
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.